How to Make Relocating Less Stressful: Best Packing and Moving Tips
Moving can be a stressful and difficult experience, but with the right preparation and techniques, it doesn’t have to be. Here are some tips to make relocating less stressful:
- Create an inventory – before you begin packing, create a detailed list of all your items so you have an accurate idea of what needs to be packed and moved. This will also help you quickly identify any important items that may get lost in the process.
- Pack one room at a time – tackling the entire house all at once can be overwhelming and confusing, so focus on one room at a time instead. This way you can make sure each box is completely full before moving on to the next one.
- Use quality materials – when packing fragile items like mirrors, pictures frames, glassware or china for long distance travel, use cushioning materials such as bubble wrap or blankets for extra protection against bumps and breaks during transit.
- Have an unpack plan – plan ahead for how you want to organize your new space when you arrive at it by creating a layout diagram or an online floorplanner app that lets you visualize different configurations before purchasing furniture or organizing your belongings in the designated areas.
- Don’t forget about cleaning – once your belongings are all packed up, take some time to give your old place a thorough clean before moving out; this will eliminate last-minute stress and help you get back more of your security deposit.